Staying in the shade, especially during midday hours, wearing clothing that covers your arms and legs, and applying sunscreen early and often are all guidelines that are being repeated on this Melanoma Monday. In fact, on this day that is dedicated toward reminding everyone of the dangers of skin cancer, the goal is to get everyone in the right frame of mind as the summer season approaches.
Whether you have an employer group health insurance plan or you have to find your own individual coverage, it is difficult to argue about the importance of sun safety and making sure that you make a habit of other kinds of healthy habits. It is no surprise that if you are someone who gets employer group health insurance coverage as a benefit you are more likely to take advantage of regular health checks. And these regular doctor’s visits often promote a healthier lifestyle and good health habits.
Employee Benefit Packages Are a Major Advantage to Families with Children
From vision insurance plans to dental insurance plans, there are many kinds of benefits that employers can offer their workers. Sometimes nearly as important as the salary amount, company provided medical insurance plans are a significant benefit.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the many reasons that Americans need access to affordable health care options:
- 53 million Americans live with a disability and can benefit from affordable health care to help them get the treatments that they need to have a more healthy and comfortable lifestyle.
- 90% of Americans with private dental coverage get their benefits through an employer or other group program.
- It is anticipated that by the year 2050 Americans aged 65 or older will reach nearly 89 million people. This is a number that is more than double the number of older adults who were in the U.S. in 2010.
- 85% of full-time workers and 19% of part-time workers in the private sector had access to medical care benefits as of March 2017, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- 60% of people report that benefits are a major factor in considering whether to accept a job offer, according to Glassdoor’s 2015 Employment Confidence Survey.
It does not have to be Melanoma Monday tp help people understand the importance of having access to affordable heath care,